Screaming Fields Song Contest
You are young, creative and have something to say? You make music? Then the Screaming Fields Song Contest is for you! Sign up, send us your idea for a song related to this year's theme "I want to break free" and win an Artist Package!
Who can participate?
Young local musicians between 12 and 25 years old, as solo artists or bands, from all musical styles (pop, rock, hip hop, electro, metal, etc.).
What do you need to do?
- fill in the online form
- write and record an original song inspired by this year's theme "I want to break free"
- send us your song (no matter the audio quality) & songtext until September 24 via webtransfer (wetransfer, dropbox...)
What do you need to know?
- you must be between 12 and 25 years old
- your project or band must be based in Luxembourg
- for bands, we consider the average age of the band members
- applications are open till September 24
- a selection committee composed of local music experts, artists and media partners will determine the best original song. They will judge the creativity and originality of the applicant’s song
- the Official Rules can be read HERE
What is the prize?
The prize is an Artist Package, offered by Ministère de la Culture, Sacem Luxembourg, FilmFund Luxembourg, Jonk Entrepreneuren, Grund Club Luxembourg and Rocklab. The Artist Package allows the winner to transform the initial idea into a finished song, to give shape to their creativity and to bring their artistic vision to a large audience. True to its day-to-day work, Rocklab oversees the entire process from song production in the studio to the final release. The artist is supported at every stage, working with a producer, recording professionally in the Rockhalstudio, producing a suitable video clip and creating a consistent promo campaign with media partners to get the song out into the world as well as celebrating a release at Rockhal.
The Artist Package includes:
Recording of the submitted song at Rockhalstudio with an experienced producer/director, chosen in consultation between the artist and Rocklab
Production of a video clip for the song with an experienced director, chosen in consultation between the artist and the Rocklab
Stage coaching for the release show or AV recording
Release event and/or Rocklab Session
Social media workshop offered by Jonk Entrepreneuren
The Grund Club Luxembourg invites the winner to one of their live shows and a songwriting workshop
Regular follow-up meetings and mentoring with the Rocklab team and external mentors to get the project off the ground
A one-year membership at Rocklab with access to rehearsal and production rooms, as well as a selection of workshops