Screaming Fields Song Contest 2021
I. Organizer of the Screaming Fields Song Contest
The organizer of the above-mentioned contest and its call for applications is the CMA - Établissement public Centre de Musiques Amplifiées Rockhal (5, Avenue du Rock'n'Roll, L-4361 Esch/Alzette).
1. Any physical person (on their own behalf or as a representative of a band) aged between 12 and 25 fulfilling the conditions for participation and residing in Luxembourg or who is a national of Luxembourg may participate in the above-mentioned contest. In case a group of persons want to participate as an entity or band, their average age is considered.
2. The organizer reserves the right to check this information by asking for valid proof.
3. Persons under the age of 18 must obtain the consent of their legal representative(s) to participate. The organizer shall be entitled to ask minor participants at any time to submit proof of the consent of their legal representative(s).
4. The call for applications is open for bands and solo artists from the following musical genres (including all subgenres): pop, rock, metal, hip hop, electronic music.
5. The organizer shall be entitled to exclude a participant from taking part in the above-mentioned contest at any time in case of violation of the present conditions for participation.
III. Beginning and end of the participation
1. The call for applications begins on 7 July 2021. The call ends on 01 October 2021.
2. All conditions for participation must be fulfilled on the sign-up deadline for the application to be valid.
IV. Conditions for participation
In order to participate in the above-mentioned contest, the participant shall perform the following actions:
a. Complete the online application form and accept the Official Rules. The participant shall submit the following contact data to take part in the contest: artist name, email address, surname, first name, date of birth, home address, links to artist website or social media. The personal data collected will be used confidentially and for identification and contact purposes only.
b. Submit an artist picture in high resolution.
c. Submit the song (audio) and songtext to the email address : firstname.lastname@example.org. in order to complete their participation. Formats accepted: .mp3, .wav. Deadline : 01 October 2021 at 23:59 pm. This recording will not be published. Only the selection committee of the contest will have access to it.
2. The topic of the contest is “I want to break free”. The participant shall submit an original and unpublished song inspired by this topic.
3. The text of the submitted song may be articulated in any language. If the language used is neither English, French, German or Luxembourgish, the participant shall send the organizer a translation of the original text into one of the four above-mentioned languages.
V. Selection procedure and prize
1. A jury comprising partners of the Screaming Fields Song Contest, artists and experts from the local music scene will select the winning song after the submission deadline. The jury will judge the creativity and originality of the text and the interpretation. The audio recording quality will not be taken into account.
The jury´s decision is final and cannot be appealed.
2. Within the framework of the contest, the winner will be awarded an "Artist Package". The Artist Package includes:
Recording of the submitted song at Rockhalstudio with an experienced producer, chosen in consultation between the artist and Rocklab (supported by Sacem Luxembourg)
Production of a video clip for the song with an experienced director, chosen in consultation between the artist and Rocklab (supported by Film Fund Luxembourg)
Vocal coaching (supported by Ministère de la Culture)
Stage coaching for the release show or AV recording (supported by Ministère de la Culture)
Social media workshop offered by Jonk Entrepreneuren
The Grund Club Luxembourg invites the winner to one of their live shows and a songwriting workshop
A one-year membership at Rocklab with access to rehearsal and production rooms, as well as a selection of workshops
Regular follow-up meetings and mentoring with the Rocklab team and external mentors
Release event and/or Rocklab Session
3. Prize substitutions or prize transfers/distributions to other persons or cash equivalent requests by the winner are not authorized.
VI. Participant's legal obligations
1. The participant is solely responsible for the content sent during his/her participation.
2. By applying for the Screaming Song Contest, the participant represents and warrants that his/her contribution is an original work and does not violate any third party's copyrights or intellectual property rights. The participant undertakes to hold the organizer harmless against any claims of third parties in case of violation of such rights.
3. The organizer reserves the right to refuse contributions to the above-mentioned call for applications without explanation of reason if such contributions are potentially considered as discriminatory, offensive, xenophobic, harassing, homophobic or sexist.
VII. Image rights, broadcasting, data
In accordance with the provisions regarding image rights, the participant shall grant the organizer of the above-mentioned call for applications and his partners within the framework of the performance of the project Screaming Fields Song Contest the right to record, use, process and broadcast the entire audio-visual production (videos and pictures) in question, or parts thereof, of the live performance, free of charge or for promotional purposes, by means of any media, especially digital media, social networks, radio, television, written press or projection.
The CMA will respect all rights, in particular moral rights, of the beneficiaries related to sound and musical works filmed and recorded as non-transferable, inalienable and imprescriptible rights.
In this context, the CMA informs the participant that, for the purpose of carrying out the project in question, it shall process the following data concerning the participant: name, address, this contract and any amendments thereto, any invoices and other similar documents, proof of payment, hours worked, exchange of correspondence between the parties and other documents relating to the relationship between the parties. The data will not be disclosed to any third party, with the exception of public authorities (in particular the tax authorities) and the trustee/accountant. The data will be kept for 10 years after the end of the contractual relationship. The participant has a right of access to his/her data, as well as a right of rectification in the event of a material error.
The participant declares to be the holder or to have all rights related to his/her performance or intervention as well as to the works taken up and interpreted within the framework of the project indicated above. In this context, the participant expressly undertakes to hold CMA harmless and indemnify CMA from any possible action by third party rights holders to this agreement.
VIII. Final clauses
1. Participation in the contest is free of charge for the participant.
2. The organizer reserves the right to modify the application process and present conditions for participation at any time, to extend or limit the deadline or to end the application without prior notice and explanation of reasons.