Screaming Fields Mini Festival 2021
I. Organizer of the Screaming Fields Festival
The organizer of the above-mentioned festival and its call for applications is the CMA - Établissement public Centre de Musiques Amplifiées Rockhal (5, Avenue du Rock'n'Roll, L-4361 Esch/Alzette).
1. Any physical person (on their own behalf or as a representative of a band) aged between 12 and 25 fulfilling the conditions for participation and residing in Luxembourg or who is a national of Luxembourg may participate in the above-mentioned call for applications. In case a group of persons want to participate as an entity or band, their average age is considered.
2. The organizer reserves the right to check this information by asking for valid proof.
3. Persons under the age of 18 must obtain the consent of their legal representative(s) to participate. The organizer shall be entitled to ask minor participants at any time to submit proof of the consent of their legal representative(s).
4. The call for applications is open for bands and artists from the following musical genres (including all subgenres): pop, rock, metal, hip hop, electronic music.
5. The organizer shall be entitled to exclude a participant from taking part in the above-mentioned call for applications at any time in case of violation of the present conditions for participation.
III. Beginning and end of the participation
1. The call for applications begins on 31 May 2021. The call ends on 20 June 2021.
2. All conditions for participation must be fulfilled on the sign-up deadline for the application to be valid.
IV. Conditions for participation
In order to participate in the above-mentioned call for applications, the participant shall perform the following actions:
a. Complete the online application form and accept the Official Rules. The participant shall submit the following contact data to take part in the application: artist name, email address, surname, first name, date of birth, home address, links to artist website or social media. The personal data collected will be used confidentially and for identification and contact purposes only.
b. Submit an artist picture in high resolution.
c. Submit the video recording of a live performance or rehearsal in order to complete their participation. This recording will not be published. Only the selection committee of the festival will have access to it.
V. Selection procedure, festival and prizes
1. A selection committee comprising local promoters & music experts (Lata Gouveia - The Grund Club Luxembourg, John Rech - Ville de Dudelange, Vicky Zeimetz - A Promotions) and Rockhal's booking department will determine the 6 finalists. They will judge the creativity and originality of the applicant’s music and their live potential. The audio and video recording quality of the submitted live recording will not be taken into account. The selection committee’s decision is final and cannot be appealed.
2. The 6 finalists will perform each a live set comprised of 3 original songs (no covers) during the festival on July 10 2021.
3. Within the framework of the festival, the participants have the possibility to win the following prizes:
Rocklab Project Follow-Up, enabling the winner to develop their musical project with the help of Rocklab plus a songwriting workshop offered by Grund Club and a Rocklab Session
The Grund Club Luxembourg invites one act to one of their live shows and offers them a songwriting workshop
Further live opportunities offered by Rocklab’s partners: Den Atelier, De Gudde Wëllen, Kulturfabrik, Neimënster, Rotondes, Trifolion Echternach, Ville de Dudelange
Rocklab Memberships granting free access to Rocklab’s rehearsal rooms and the Membership programme (workshops, talks, networking events)
VI. Participant's legal obligations
1. The participant is solely responsible for the content sent during his participation.
2. By applying for the Screaming Fields Festival, the participant represents and warrants that his contribution is an original work and does not violate any third party's copyrights or intellectual property rights. The participant undertakes to hold the organizer harmless against any claims of third parties in case of violation of such rights.
3. The organizer reserves the right to refuse contributions to the above-mentioned call for applications without explanation of reason if such contributions are potentially considered as discriminatory, offensive, xenophobic, harassing, homophobic or sexist.
VII. Image rights, broadcasting, data
In accordance with the provisions regarding image rights, the participant shall grant the organizer of the above-mentioned call for applications and his partners within the framework of the performance of the project Screaming Fields Festival the right to record, use, process and broadcast videos and pictures, or parts thereof, of the live performance, free of charge or for promotional purposes, by means of any media, especially digital media, social networks, radio, television, written press or projection.
The CMA will respect all rights, in particular moral rights, of the beneficiaries related to sound and musical works filmed and recorded as non-transferable, inalienable and imprescriptible rights.
In this context, the CMA informs the participant that, for the purpose of carrying out the project in question, it shall process the following data concerning the participant: name, address, this contract and any amendments thereto, any invoices and other similar documents, proof of payment, hours worked, exchange of correspondence between the parties and other documents relating to the relationship between the parties. The data will not be disclosed to any third party, with the exception of public authorities (in particular the tax authorities) and the trustee/accountant. The data will be kept for 10 years after the end of the contractual relationship. The participant has a right of access to his/her data, as well as a right of rectification in the event of a material error.
The participant declares to be the holder or to have all rights related to his/her performance or intervention as well as to the works taken up and interpreted within the framework of the project indicated above. In this context, the undersigned expressly undertakes to hold CMA harmless and indemnify CMA from any possible action by third party rights holders to this agreement.
VIII. Final clauses
1. Participation in the call for applications and festival is free of charge for the participant.
2. The organizer reserves the right to modify the application process and present conditions for participation at any time, to extend or limit the deadline or to end the application without prior notice and explanation of reasons.